Pages

Saturday 13 June 2015

watercolour nebula


When pretty pink posh held the watercolour blog hop I had an idea of a card I wanted to make, but I'm not a great artist, and I didn't have the confidence to try :(

However, I thought a nebula is an abstract thing, I can't go too far wrong, so today I had a go, I got out some distress inks and gave it a go... and do you know what I love it, its a perfect backdrop to my alien, and it makes the perfect birthday card for an astronomer friend of mine :) awesome


I knew right from getting this adorable Paper Smooches Space Cadet stamp set that this is the card I wanted to make. It works out perfectly too, because the Paper Smooches Sparks challenge this week is 'Anything Goes!!!' so I'm going to enter my cute nebula into that!


Paper Smooches Space Cadet stamps and dies
Lawn Fawn Year Two stamps

Distress inks - Black Soot, Picked Raspberry, Squeezed Lemonade

Edited to add: this won the challenge... go me!


6 comments:

  1. I think you did an excellent work on the background for your alien

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Fifi!!!! I came over to than you for your kind comment on my blog, and my oh my! I LOVE this card, and I LOVE your style and had a lovely time looking at your creations. The background on this card is FANTASTIC! I love the spaceship in the aperture, and the little telescope below - LOVE IT! You totally deserve to win this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hihi you made a super awesome galaxy!! & and the stamps are uber cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing background!!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Knew you's win!!! Congratulations!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete